This certificate is designed for those interested in learning about why pornography addiction occurs, developing the ability to recognize and refer those who are suffering, and understanding how the recovery process works.
What will I learn in this certificate course?
- The severity of the pornography epidemic and its impact on men, women, young adults, children, and families
- The path of addiction
- How to protect families
- How to help those who are addicted
- Helpful resources
- How the spouse can aid in the recovery process
Certificate Program Description
The purpose of this course is to provide those who work with youth, single adults, and engaged/married couples with basic information about pornography addiction and how recovery is achieved from a Catholic/Christian perspective.
By the end of this certificate program, participants will be able to:
- Discuss the scope of the pornography problem in America
- Identify the damage pornography can have on men, women, young adults, children, and families
- Explain the physical and emotion components of pornography addiction
- List the core beliefs that are commonly associated with the development of a pornography addiction
- Discuss the process of addiction, specifically related to pornography addiction
- Identify practical tools for protecting children from pornography and prevention strategies for teens
- Describe the recovery process for someone who is addicted to pornography
- Identify resources to help those who struggle with pornography addiction
- Identify resources for further training, certification and supervision in the diagnosis and treatment of pornography addiction
- Identify techniques used to support the reintegration of the marriage and the value of process groups in helping the addicted man recover
- Discuss the practices that those in ministry can implement to help those struggling with sexual addictions Practices include parish-based men’s groups, youth support, the use of confession, and growth in virtue