This certificate is for those in ministry, practicing clinicians and all who are interested in learning in-depth about the nature of sexual addictions and about effective treatment approaches that affirm the Catholic/Christian faith.
What will I learn in this certificate course?
- How a sexual addiction develops
- The diagnostic process for assessing for a sexual addiction
- Common strategies and interventions used with those who have a sexual addiction
- How emotional and relationship histories can influence the development of a sexual addiction
Certificate Course Description
For those in ministry, practicing clinicians, and all those who are interested in learning in-depth about the nature of sexual addictions and how they are treated from a solid Catholic/Christian perspective aimed at true spiritual and emotional healing.
By the end of this certificate program, participants will be able to:
- Explain the development of sexual addiction as relates to the roots of addiction and modalities of treatment
- Discuss the diagnostic process for assessing for a sexual addiction
- Identify the role that emotional and relationship histories play in the development of a sexual addiction
- Identify common strategies and interventions for those suffering from a sexual addiction
- Describe three important treatment methods: a recovery plan, family of origin work, and growth in virtue
- Identify and discuss the practical strategies for building sobriety: increased self-awareness, personal responsibility, commitment, boundaries, and the beginning of the recovery process